With our long past, prominent alumni, and respected academics, we as a world-renowned university have a great deal to be proud of over our many decades. The University of Edinburgh has influenced history from Nobel laureates and Olympic champions to space explorers and prime ministers after it opened the door to its first students in 1583.
• Some of the greatest thinkers such as the philosopher David Hume, the chemist Jason Black and the father of modern geology James Hutton studied at The University of Edinburgh
• Home to some of the oldest literary awards such as James Tait Black Prizes and the cloning of Dolly the sheep
• The University of Edinburgh was the source of inspiration behind Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s character Sherlock Holmes
• Peter Higgs, professor of theoretical physics at The University of Edinburg, was jointly awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2013 for his prediction of the Higgs Boson
About The City of Scotland:
With a wealth of heritage, high class museums and stunning buildings, Edinburgh is a place you won't rush to forget. Explore the Medieval Old Town and the modern, side-by-side Georgian New City, and explore exclusive sights in Edinburgh across the region on a holiday. Edinburgh is a city bursting with opportunities with personal development, career growth, cultural prominence and exciting amenities.
Experience the excitement and joy of social festivals, delicious fine dining and historic sites that will leave you with a memory worthy of cherish.
Education at The University of Edinburgh:
Our university enjoys top rankings and cutting-edge research facilities. The University of Edinburgh’s competitive, engaging and culturally diverse community from students to staff to faculty members makes for an effective learning environment augmented with excellent facilities for research, workshops and practical training for a variety of fields.
• Ranked 20th worldwide by QS World University Rankings 2020
• The largest provider of online taught programs in the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities with 70 online taught programs alongside on-campus programs
• Host to around 40,000 students from 156 countries
• Offering more than 300 post-graduate programs with 180 research areas in three colleges:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Sciences
- College of Medicine and Veterinary Science
- College of Science of Engineering
• Ranked 4th by the REF in 2014 for excellence in research capabilities
• Associated with 19 Nobel Prize winners
• Research achievements include:
- Discovery of chloroform anesthesia
- Higgs Boson particle
- In-vitro fertilization
- Dolly sheep cloning
- First genetically engineering hepatitis B vaccine
- Advancements in smartphone technology
Global University and International Partnerships:
We partner with a number of world- organizations in areas as diverse as e-science, engineering, life and the arts and culture. We are also a member of the Universities 21 global research network, and the COIMBRA and LERU European networks.
Our connections and partnerships with influential organizations and higher education institutions such as California Institute of Technology, Stanford University, the University of Melbourne, Peking University, the University of Delhi and the University of KwaZulu-Natal allow us to provide a comprehensive learning environment and experience for our students.
Studynet Group Services:
Studynet Group is the only partner of The University of Edinburgh in Azerbaijan and through this exclusive partnership, we are happy to guide you through academic requirements and events pertaining to events and programs of The University of Edinburgh. We offer several services such as:
- Attending on campus and online events
- Guidance for program selection.
- Assistance in submitting your application.
- Assistance in scholarship applications.
- Assistance in accommodation.
- Assistance in Visa issuance.