In response to the COVID-19 recent health pandemic, the University of Calgary has moved all of its courses including spring courses online.
Furthermore, the University of Calgary is organizing online IELTS preparation courses at a discounted price for operating agents. Please note the below dates for the IELTS preparation courses:
Date: April 20 – June 12, 2020
Time: 1:30 – 4:30 (Mountain time, UTC-7, DST-6)
The tuition fee will change from the regular fee of $1975 CAD to $1675 CAD. Please not that this discounted fee does not include medical insurance or public transit pass. Contact us for more information pertaining to such items.
Students can either join live Zoom meetings to attend online webinars or watch recordings later. Students can also view their study resources and assignments through the D2L university learning platform.
University and City Background Information:
• The University of Calgary is located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada which was ranked the most livable city in North America and the 5th most livable in the world (2019 Global Livability Rankings, Economics Intelligence Unit)
• Highest concentration of corporation head offices and small businesses per capita
• Home to Canada’s National Music Centre and the internationally renowned Calgary Stampede
• The University of Calgary was founded in 1966, has five campuses and includes 14 faculties with 250 degree programs
• The University’s main campus encompasses 200 hectares of beautiful scenery with a view of the Rocky Mountains.
• Ranked in the 151-200 range internationally and 6-9 range nationally by Academic Ranking of World Universities for 2019
• Over 33,000 students
Admission Requirements for IELTS online courses:
• IELTS Academic score of 4.5, minimum of 4.0 in other skill areas
• TOEFL IBT score of 34, minimum of 11 in writing
• TOEFL PBT score of 410
• TOEIC score of 490
• Overall CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) of 5
• CAEL score of 40
• Passed level 3 of English Language Program Semester Program with B+
• English Language Program placement test score of level 4
Studynet Group Services:
Studynet Group’s robust partnership with the University of Calgary allows us to guide students through application processes, programs and events. We are glad to offer students assistance in your admission for the IELTS preparation courses alongside several other services such as:
- Attending on campus and online events
- Guidance for program selection.
- Assistance in submitting your application.
- Assistance in scholarship applications.
- Assistance in accommodation.
- Assistance in Visa issuance.