Users who provide their personal data to Studynet Group Spzoo (hereafter Company) should be aware who the data controller is, what will be done with their data and what their rights are.
The Company is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation in transparent and secure ways both as an academic institution and an employer.
In order to do this we will:
- Obtain consent when collecting personal data (opt-in with notice) or rely on appropriate legal grounds for processing personal data
- Inform Users about how their data is processed
- Keep personal data safe and secure
- Observe the rights of individuals under GDPR
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained in managing personal data
- Ensure that records containing personal data are effectively managed and comply with the law in terms of accuracy, simplicity, veracity, relevancy, and updates.
Who we are
We are Studynet Group Spzoo. You can find our contact details at the end of this policy.
We are the Data Controller of your personal data according to this policy.
Whose personal data do we collect?
We can use your personal data in the following cases:
- If you are a student, agent, or supplier
- If you use our services
- If you work for one of our agents or suppliers or for someone using our services
- If you are a prospective student or someone to whom we wish to show or sell our services and inform about our events and news.
The personal data we collect
Good record management is essential to comply with GDPR. The Company will ensure that the personal data it keeps is:
- Adequate, relevant, and not excessive for the purposes it has been collected for
- Accurate and up-to-date
- Kept only for as long as is necessary
We can process the personal data that we have obtained from you or from another source. This may include the following:
- Your name
- Your age
- Your sex
- Your nationality
- Your job role, department, and company
- Your address, phone number, email address or other contact information (this information may refer to your work or to you personally, depending on the nature of our relationship with you or the person for whom you work)
- Your educational background
- Your career and current position
- Your language
Information we obtain from communications with us:
- Information you provide by communicating with us by phone, email, through our website, social networks, or otherwise
- Information you provide when you use our website, apply for information or to join our educational institution, provide us with goods or services, enquire about a product, place an order, participate in a survey or promotion, contact us to report a problem, or do any of these things on behalf of the person for whom you work
- Information regarding our relationships with you or the person for whom you work
We can discuss information regarding our relationships with you or the person for whom you work, such as:
- Information regarding transactions with us related to you or the person for whom you work, for example, information about goods or services that we have provided to you or the person for whom you work or that we have obtained from you or the person for whom you work
- Information about events to which you or the people related to you are invited, and your preferences and personal information to the extent that such information is pertinent to organize and manage these events, for example, dietary requirements.
What personal data do we process when you use our website?
The information we obtain from you when you use our website includes:
- Technical information, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address that has been used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone settings, types and versions of the browser, operating system, and platform.
- Information about your visit, such as URL addresses (Uniform Resource Locators), clickstream information (traffic) from and to our website, and through it (including time and date), products you have searched for or viewed, response times of pages, download errors, duration of visits to certain pages, information about interaction with pages (such as scrolling, clicking, and hovering over something), methods used to navigate off the page and any email address you leave to be contacted (more information or newsletter).
In such cases, consent should be obtained using an “opt‐in” with notice by the data subject.
The Company will not assume consent has been given tacitly or through the absence of an objection.
What is the use of your personal data?
Any data voluntarily provided will be incorporated and compiled into an archive of personal data, under The Company’s responsibility.
Your personal data may be used for any of these purposes:
- To handle documentation relevant to students and prospective students (leads) in the application process
- To inform our students and prospective students (leads) about our courses, programs, events, and activities by either email, instant messaging, or phone.
- To sign contracts with you or the person you work for:
- To offer services
- To obtain services from suppliers
- To administer our website in accordance with our terms and for internal operations, including problem solving and data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey-making purposes
- To improve our website and ensure content is presented in the best way for you and your computer
- To keep safe and secure our website and other systems
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we provide to you and other people, and to offer relevant advertising
Who can we share your personal data with?
Your data may be transferred to the third parties listed below, for the following reasons:
- Public administrations: for the fulfillment of the legal obligations The Company is subject to due to its activity
- Suppliers who require access to their data for the provision of services that The Company has contracted to those suppliers, and with whom The Company has subscribed the confidentiality contracts and the treatment of personal data necessary and required by law
- Any member of our group, across our campuses and headquarters
Should The Company make further personal data transfers, you will be duly informed.
Do we carry out international data transfers?
The Company may contract the services of technological suppliers located in countries that do not have laws equivalent to the European Union (“third countries”). These suppliers have signed the confidentiality and data processing contracts required by the regulations for suppliers located in third countries, applying the guarantees and safeguards necessary to preserve their privacy.
For more information on the guarantees of your privacy, you can contact the data protection delegate as per details at the end of this policy.
What is the legal basis for the treatment of your personal data?
The legal basis for the treatment of your personal data is related to:
- The maintenance of your relationship with The Company as a partner, supplier, current, or prospective student in order to comply with the contractual obligations arising from such a relationship
- The processing of your personal data for sending promotional information about The Company’s activities, campaigns or initiatives similar to those you have participated in, in accordance to the legitimate interest of our entity
How long do we process personal data?
We only process personal data for the period of time necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were originally collected. They will then be deleted or archived, except to the extent that we need them to continue by processing them to comply with the legal obligations that correspond to us or other legitimate and legal purposes.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You can request access to the personal data in question (see the section on exercising your right to access your personal data below)
- You may request that the incorrect personal data be rectified
- Under certain circumstances (usually when you have provided personal data and no longer need to continue processing them), you may request that we delete the personal data in question
- If we process personal data concerning you in accordance with the prior consent you have given for such processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and thereafter the processing in question will be terminated.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, restriction, and portability established by law you can:
Please bear in mind we may request further details to confirm your identity before providing information.
Studynet Group Spzoo